Graduate Intern, Supply Chain Analytics (R0023017)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, we aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work.
We are creating Kite together, with the recognition that the best teams are built by the best people. We maintain an attitude of curiosity, and creativity with each challenge as we develop a new market for cancer therapies. We appreciate and respect one another, and most importantly, we don’t take success for granted. While we’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible, we know one thing is certain. Today is just the beginning.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We’re committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
The challenge for Supply Chain is to remain agile in a very dynamic space. The functional leaders need forward-looking and intelligent analysis in order to help scale supply chain in all directions to meet market demand. This project will be to leverage advanced analytics and cloud technologies to further explore untapped datasets, build relationships between data to deliver insights and outcomes not previously seen by the naked eye, but rather through machine learning. The Intern will engage with functional leaders to understand current pain points and areas of opportunities. They will learn how data from enterprise systems can be leveraged to transform and drive the success of a business. The Intern will be applying elements of standard consulting practices, data analysis, user experience design and data visualization.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Stakeholder engagement to learn current success drivers and areas for improvement
· Data mining to identify/source required data
· Perform cleansing and transformation of the data to a format ready for consumption
· Build transformation layer to aggregate and model data
· Present relevant insights via data visualization
· Present to stakeholders the project approach, analysis and findings
· Must be at least 18 years or older
· Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
· Must be currently enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program at an accredited university/college
· Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
· Must be enrolled in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship - graduation date of December 2022 or Spring/Summer 2023
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
· Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start of internship
· Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between June and September
· Must be able to work remotely or relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
· Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
· Currently enrolled in Graduate Degree with emphasis in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite
· Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively/Ability to work in collaborate in cross functional teams in fast pace, dynamic team setting
· Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
· Experience and/or interest in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or health-care industry
· Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory policies
· Proficiency with SQL
· Data exploration using Python/R/SAS
· Data visualization using Tableau/R Shiny/Plotly/Dash/etc
· General consulting and stakeholder engagement experience
· Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
Only candidates who apply via www.kitepharma.com/careers/careers-at-kite will be considered.
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.