Supply Chain Summer Intern, Life Science Technologies
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Position Responsibilities/Overview of Life Science Technologies Intern Program:
Corning’s summer internship experience is rich with hands-on learning. You’ll live, work, and experience the communities in which Corning operates, while building on-the-job skills. This position could be located in Tewksbury, MA, Tarboro, NC, or Corning, NY. Interns are expected to deliver results against our business and supply chain objectives, applying knowledge and practices both independently and as a team. Working with a supervisor or mentor, you will gain work experience while interacting with key technologies, subject matter experts and leaders. The purpose of the Life Science Technologies Intern Program is to raise the bar on talent by strengthening our pipeline for entry level roles for immediate and future needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Apply supply chain skills and knowledge to their assigned project or projects.
• The candidate should be able to utilize and build on solid supply chain fundamentals to complete his/her tasks
• Competitive salaries
• Housing assistance
• Travel reimbursement
• Social and networking events
• Volunteer opportunities
• Community Involvement Sample Job Placements:
• Intern within Planning
• Intern within Global Logistics
• Intern within Project Management
• Intern within Contract Manufacturing
• Intern within Data Analytics
Hours of work/works schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hours per work week - Monday to Friday (8:00am - 5:00pm)
• Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Relevant experience is a plus
• Demonstrates Drive and Commitment
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve complex problems
• Ability to change priorities and tasks as necessary
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic, business/manufacturing environment
• Computer Literate in MS Office
• Project Management
• SAP knowledge and experience
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Fluent in English
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Able to work in a team environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.