Analyst - Academy, Advanced Applications Group (AAG)
A position within the Sirius Academy program is a highly sought-after full-time benefited role from which to launch a career in IT services. It provides career growth and robust professional development, including: recognized industry certifications; dedicated classroom and e-learning training; on-the-job immersion; and real client project experience.
- This exciting opportunity offers proven success with Academy graduates working in multiple areas of IT, including advanced applications.
- Experience our state-of-the art data center facility with more than 40 different vendors and 150+ types of technology.
- Attain valuable certifications in the latest technologies, giving you a competitive career advantage.
- Gain meaningful insight into different areas of the business through rotational training.
- Sharpen your professional presence with clients through online and classroom learning.
- As an Analyst in the Academy program, you will spend your time in the Sirius Data Center in Elk Grove Village, IL, as well as in our Rosemont, IL site.
After successful completion of a paid 6 month training period in the Chicago, IL area estimated to start January 10, 2022, you will assume a Service Delivery role in Sirius’ Advanced Applications Group (AAG) Practice.
Please note that relocation assistance to Chicago, IL is available.
After training, the AAG team prefers the person relocates to the greater Denver, CO area. Relocation assistance is available for this. There may be an option for relocation elsewhere within the Continental US, though assistance would not be available for that. Once with the AAG team, willingness for overnight travel of 25% will be required.
The primary purpose of this position is to participate in the Sirius Academy program, which prepares employees to begin careers in Consulting, Engineering, or Managed Services with Sirius. Employees will receive exposure to various business units and work on several teams, experience online and classroom learning, and develop soft skills to make them more impactful in front of clients. Additionally, employees will participate in shadowing and mentoring opportunities and hands-on technology training, all designed to help develop the necessary skills for an ultimate role as a member of our services organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in a several month training curriculum at the Sirius offices in the Chicago area:
- Completing assigned rotations through various business units
- Self-development and certification courses
- Experience in a Sirius Data Center
- Practical exposure through on-the-job training which includes mentoring by a team of dedicated engineers and introduction to designing technology solutions for a client environment
- Learns and develops in all phases as a Sirius Services Team Member, to include:
- Systems design
- Systems assurance
- Project management
- Obtains satisfactory evaluations through progress reviews in order to advance in training program
- Develops a base level of technical and consulting knowledge, enabling performance of quality service for clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge in the Java stack and/or the .Net stack
Other Position Requirements:
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Exposure to an Agile environment
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
This position is an entry level engineering position involving the application of computer and engineering concepts to infrastructure solutions from a related Bachelor’s degree program.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Action Oriented - Readily takes on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues
Collaborates - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
Instills Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.