SUMMARY: The Sales Analyst is responsible to support sales leadership in analytics, and sales operations with the goal of maximizing sales and efficiency, as well as providing key insights for trade presentations. Serves as a primary business support partner to leadership in commercial sales, strategy, and operations. Provides data analysis to increase effectiveness of market strategies; directs high level strategic and tactical decisions by supporting business intelligence tools and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Work with Regional VP’s to analyze business, find areas of strength and opportunities using various data sources like Nielsen, Depletions and market intelligence.
· Help VP’s manage FOB’s & promo spend organization and centralization and report on risks/opportunities to business
· Opportunity gaps to assist in distributor and customer presentations
· Build and maintain presentation decks for a variety of situations like distributor business reviews, general sales meetings, key market programming events, etc.
· New item launch management and execution analysis including working with legal team on wholesaler appointments/terminations and compliance updates to leadership team
· Work with team to ensure new items are properly set up with distributors
· Program tracking
· Depletion data report pulling/analyzing
· Help identify depletion variances
· Manage allocations on specialty SKU’s and short supply items
· Competitor analysis (pricing/distribution, etc.)
· Operational planning, phasing, risk to plan
· Support the sales team with customize selling tools that need specialization/customization
· Keeps sales team share point updated and cleansed regularly
· Works well all departments including sales, finance, marketing, and operations to increase effectiveness
· Establish, implement, and monitor reporting to maximize our programs
· Ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances decision making capabilities (Karma, Tabs, etc)
· Monitors and evaluates performance, highlighting opportunities where necessary
· Works alongside business intelligence teams to add additional support for market trends, and consumer insights
· Provides additional training and education of all platforms to the sales team
· Cultivates relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
· Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
· 90% of time allocated to office work / 10% field work
· Requires occasional overnight travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 3 years’ industry experience and/or 3 years’ sales experience in a consumer products industry
· Able to organize priorities and work under deadlines while producing a high- quality result
· Strong analytical skills, mastery of Nielsen analytics
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated knowledge of on & off-premise business and three-tier system.
· Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint. Pivot table development and understanding a plus.
· Excellent written and oral communication, and listening skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and complete assignments with accuracy and within established time frames
· Ability to influence other’s actions without authority
· Must have a valid state driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to adhere to companies’ 4 core standards
Ø Forward Thinking
Ø Always Deliver
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Lift, move and stack boxes up to 40 lbs
· Work is normally performed in an office environment