Intern - Operations, Cash Management
Hilltop Securities Inc. is currently looking for qualified students to join our team as a summer intern in Operations in Dallas, TX. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with our Operations team and will gain hands-on experience working in several key areas of Operations including reasearch, data analysis, brokerage operations and product support.
Experience in a brokerage operations environment - this individual will gain exposure to Operations by working in the areas of purchase and sales, collateral, settlement, mutual funds, stock transfers and reporting.
- Support daily activities/operations in relation to: purchase & sales, collateral, settlement, mutual funds, stock transfers, and/or government reporting.
- Contribute and participate in all assigned areas; ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Work to solve real world problems and deliver measurable results.
- Help with ideas to improve current practices and create efficiencies
- Data analysis/data mining
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills including Power Excel, SQL and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Proven self-starter who can initiate tasks and follow up to completion to produce high quality results in a timely manner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Rising senior studying finance, accounting, economics, or related fields
- Candidate MUST have authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship, whether in student status or not
About the Company
Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH) is a Texas-based diversified financial holding company specializing in banking, mortgage origination, and financial advisory through its wholly owned subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, and HilltopSecurities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the Company.