Healthcare (Provider) Data Analyst Intern - Summer 2022
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Healthcare (Provider) Data Analyst Intern will be responsible for assisting in analyzing, researching, coordinating, and reporting on provider file data to support both internal and/or external requests.
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Generates provider data reports and analyses to support internal department needs including network management, and other key functions.
- Serves as a support technical data expert and liaison between the provider database organization, and other functional areas to support data requests.
- Acts as a liaison with the assigned analyst completing the report and the requesting associates
- Clarifies reports ensuring that they meet the associates’ needs and helps to clarify additional required information or data needs.
- Ensures the quality and accuracy of all reports.
- Performs provider data support, data/file analysis, network analysis, surveys, reporting (including creating and publishing), and other ad hoc data requests
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Organizational Development, or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.