Developmental Program (Keystone) in Quality Assurance within DoD Manufacturing.
Join Team DCMA!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
This position is being filled under the Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates, Section 1102 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019, Public Law 115-232.
- Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties inherent quality assurance mission support activities.
- Observes and assists with quality or manufacturing surveillance activities on assigned contracts or other delegated support activities.
- Observes and assists with the performance of pre-award and/or post-award contract reviews to help assess the appropriate level of quality assurance recommendations and requirements.
- In developmental capacity, observes/assists with QA abilities such as: quality system validation; assuring critical characteristic inspections are performed and processes validated; participating in material review boards for nonconforming hardware
- In developmental capacity, observes and assists with QA abilities such as: special tooling, test equipment and facilities inspections; evaluating first article inspections according to approved plans; and documenting QA activity findings.
- You will be expected to travel for this position.
To qualify for a Quality Assurance Specialist (Keystone) position your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military, or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Monitoring, controlling, or maintaining the quality of products or services in quality assurance, procurement, inspection, and production; OR
- Reviewing production activities and capabilities in light of contract quality requirements; OR
- Reviewing written quality or inspection procedures for adequacy and evaluating the implementation and effectiveness of quality/inspection systems, including sampling plans; OR
- Analyzing quality data to detect unsatisfactory trends or weaknesses in the quality/inspection system; OR
- Verifying by test or inspection, using sampling inspection or intensive product inspection techniques, that products comply with requirements prior to acceptance; OR
- Identifying inadequacies and requesting corrective action; OR
- Computing data, summarizing results, and preparing reports or charts depicting pertinent relationships using statistical methods; OR
- Investigating customer complaints and deficiency reports, and providing identification of causes to appropriate authorities; OR
- Reading, interpreting, and applying technical data such as blueprints, engineering drawings, product specifications, or technical manuals; OR
- Reviewing and evaluating supply systems operations and procedures through periodic audits and surveillance inspections.
B. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess: 1 full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. Major study -- quality assurance, statistics, mathematics, production management, industrial management, computer science, engineering, engineering technology, physical sciences, textiles, or other fields related to the position.
C. Combination: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualifications and may be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grade GS-07
If the position has a minimum education requirement and/or you are using education to qualify in lieu of specialized experience, you MUST provide transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at the time of application) to support your educational claims.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Attention to Detail
Condition of Employment:
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Acquisition, Technology & Logistics(AT&L) NON-CAP: This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level I certification in the Contracting Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- COVID19: All Federal Employees must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Please see Additional Information.
The position of Quality Assurance Specialist is a DCMA Keystone Program opening. DCMA uses the Direct Hire Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
- Report initially to the Contract Management Office (CMO)/Center in the duty location for which you were selected.
- Travel TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) for one week to attend training at the DCMA Learning Campus (DLC) in Fort Lee, VA. Dates to be determined due to COVID restrictions.
- Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for on-the-job (OJT) and developmental training.
- Return within the three year developmental training to the DLC, HQ or other CMO locations for assessment/various functional specific training.
SEE POSTING FOR FULL DETAILS