Production Planning Intern
The Production Planning Intern is responsible for supporting the comprehensive planning and management of daily production activities required to support the production and development programs within the Electronic Systems Value Streams.
Principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support production schedule validation and maintenance, illustrating the status of the production activities for current programs.
- Assist in resource conflict and prioritization decisions though monthly assessment of technician and equipment resource loading / capacity planning.
- Presentation of forward-looking capacity in all production areas, with identification of bottlenecks and shortages, to site leadership at monthly SIOP meeting.
- Conducting manpower planning to ensure alignment of resources needed to execute yearly backlog & proposed production requirements.
- Validate and course-correct the plan for the weekly work required to be flowing through the production cells.
- Ensure team objectives are met and visible through the use of SQDC boards.
- Assist with the execution of corrective actions and identification of systemic issues.
- Assist in presenting production area performance (SQDC and Program Status) to senior management on the Gemba walk
- Work with Product Engineers, Production Planner and Buyers to ensure material flow and production activities are aligned.
- Work with Supply Chain group to establish and maintain stocking strategies and effective material kanbans.
- Conduct time-studies to help create new or audit existing standard work.
- Evaluate production activities for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Working towards a BS Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, an Engineering Discipline, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Strong planning skills, with ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- LEAN Manufacturing concept implementation experience is a plus.