Manager – Supply Chain Crop Planning & Analytics
The Crop Planning & Analytics Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of estimating, tracking, and providing analytics in support of Blue Diamond crop handle and providing estimates of industry crop projections. The role will inform short- and long-term planning with analytical analysis of historical data and statistical projections of essential elements of almond supply. As a manager in the Global Supply organization, this role leads performance in the focus areas of Safety, Quality, Service, and Performance all supported by our People.Job Description:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain industry almond acreage and develop correlated engagement with Membership managers to draw upon field input to improve accuracy.
- Develop and maintain industry and Blue Diamond Grower production and quality data by county and variety to inform membership team.
- Understand the factors that affect plantings and crop development with multi-dimensional and non-linear inter-dependencies by creating a model to provide scenario-based trade-off decisions based on key inputs.
- Produce multi-year crop potential forecasts with key insights with risk tolerance and scenario planned levers to provide thoughtful in sight and discussion that leads to action.
- Develop understanding of bloom progression and factors affecting bloom to lead the development of data insights and learnings to influence discussion and project almond varieties.
- Understand crop development from pollination through harvest to develop strategic support partnership with Member Relations Directors and Regional Managers to dynamically monitor crop developments and future impacts.
- Understand, map, and develop deep understanding of harvest operations impacts of climate, maturity, infeed from field through delivery types by regional processor.
- Engage and partner with Membership team, Growers, Huller/Shellers and BDG plants in the field to understand and incorporate crop dynamics into crop and quality projections.
- Lead and align the agricultural crop perspective with membership and supply leadership teams to deliver insight and action.
- Develop crop projections by orchard and comparisons to monitor crop production trends, while monitoring flow of crop from processing and stockpiling with a focus variety by region to support inbound signals to planning and membership.
- Develop methodologies and perform projections of essential elements of crop supply, varietal mix, kernel sizing, and quality.
- Develop strategies and ongoing processes to maximize crop value through receipt segregation and blending options.
- Develop and implement methodologies to establish highest and best use of varieties and qualities to inform raw material planning and commodity sales planning.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Supply Chain Management, Analytics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Engineering, Economics or business administration.
- 5 years or more of in operational supply chain positions (planning or supply chain information technology).
- Strong business acumen, planning skills, and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated capability in statistical analysis with Python, Minitab, R or similar
- Experience in supply planning in an agricultural environment
- Demonstrated supply planning expertise with enterprise planning systems such as SAP IBP or similar.
- Proven track record of cross-functional project management leadership.
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities with the flexibility to adjust as needed.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills (listening, written, verbal).
- A proven track record of collaboration, delivering results, and influencing decisions across the organization.
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree
- 10 or more years
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- CPIM/CSCM, APICS, Greenbelt or above certification.
- Strong communication, decision making, problem-solving, negotiation, planning, and leadership skills.
- In depth experience with enterprise resource planning system development preferably SAP and SAP IBP (Integrated Business Planning).
- Operations, Supply Chain and/or Planning experience in a food, beverage or agricultural commodity processing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet constant deadline with strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Experience leading teams and delivering results.
- Must be able to work in operations/plant environment for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in office/desk environment for extended periods.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer