Data and Analytics Intern -- Traditional (Hybrid Model)
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores, or invite us into their homes. We do this by providing technology solutions and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health.
***This internship is intended to be a HYBRID Model (2-3 Days in Office) role***
***This seasonal summer intern position will be available June 2022-August 2022***
***Best Buy is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position***
***Housing is currently available for this position***
As a Data and Analytics Intern, you’ll gain insight into how we create and execute on many challenges that come with being one of top retailers in the U.S. This internship opportunity will give you access to develop industry-related knowledge and skills in a professional environment, network with Best Buy employees, and explore various career paths with the potential for a full-time offer barring successful completion of the internship.
The Data and Analytics Intern will provide support and work to provide valuable information to the enterprise about the customer’s relationship and behavior with Best Buy. As Best Buy continues to develop new & better ways to interact with our customer, you will contribute to the ever-growing body of work that educates the business on how this impacts our customer relationships and customer outcomes. You will participate in weekly reporting cadences and ad-hoc analyses centered around everything customer. Additionally, you can expect projects to include:
- Write or edit SQL or python code (utilizing and editing existing code)
- Leverage existing methodologies & provide analytical support
- Create presentation-ready material, and share out to the end client(s)
- When appropriate, you should strive to create dashboards or visualizations that help to tell the story by leveraging tools like PowerBI, Tableau or ArcGIS.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing bachelor’s or associate’s degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Ability to use critical and strategic thinking to solve customer and business problems.
- Analytical thinking, comfortable with using and manipulating data
- Knowledge of and/or classroom experience with digital technology
- Basic knowledge of project and product management principles
- Basic knowledge of Agile development