Business Systems Analyst 1
The Regulatory Affairs Department is seeking a Business Systems Analyst 1. This position provides support for the Regulatory Affairs Department (RAD) data and information management system, supports compliance and reporting, creates data retrievals, establishes routine data analysis to benchmark progress, analyzes effectiveness and efficiency of program operations, and provides analytical data for tracking compliance tasks including inspections and monitoring. Information management would include oversight of program needs for Environmental Services, the RAD Data Warehouse, and various District information systems for SSOs, IDDEs, Odor Complaints or other required tracking measures. This position will interact with staff and management to evaluate program needs, research and develop alternatives, recommend and implement solutions for data management as well as serving as the liaison between RAD and Digital Solutions to schedule, sequence, and prioritize Department needs.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions)
- Provide program knowledge and support for the implementation of information and permit management systems for the Regulatory Affairs Department including the Environmental Services Program. Define system requirements, manage system changes, and perform tasks. Analyze and design business processes; evaluate and implement systems upgrades, improvements, and other changes. Define systems requirements and enhancements.
- Identify and prioritize the development and implementation of applications to facilitate Environmental Services permit management, permit inspection tracking, compliance tracking and other actions as required by the Federal Pretreatment, local pretreatment, industrial stormwater, Illicit Discharge, and any programs directly implemented by the Regulatory Affairs Department.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement procedures to facilitate compliance evaluation and reporting for Environmental Services and the Regulatory Affairs Department.
- Coordinate and provide training and technical expertise, documentation and support for standard procedures, data entry, and oversight of the data management systems used by Environmental Services staff.
- Implement and maintain Environmental Services FOG and permit information management systems.
- Provide support to the program Analysts and QA/QC LIMS administrator using information management systems as needed including the Data Warehouse, LIMs, and Aquarius. Function as the liaison to Digital Solutions Department and facilitate communication for Regulatory Affairs Department quarterly priorities and tasks as they relate to the management systems.
- Assist Regulatory Affairs Department Management with internal program and process review and evaluation including developing recommendations for process improvement.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledges, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
2+ years experience performing business/solution system analyses and/or application development from the perspective of an expert end-user and/or a system user interface.
6+ months experience in data management software, industrial pretreatment, regulatory compliance, or wastewater treatment.
Training or college level coursework in business administration, information systems or related field.
Certification and Licensure:
Upon selection, candidates must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver’s license.
To apply, please visit our career website at: http://cleanwaterservices.org/about-us/careers/