Business Operations Intern - Minneapolis, MN
There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the community and for the environment.
It isn't our history that makes us an industry leader. It's our commitment to innovation. We're constantly setting new standards for windows and doors that raise the bar for the entire industry. Being around since 1903 means we haven't just seen where the industry's been—we guide where it's going.
The Business Operations Intern will approach our business with intent to help improve our processes that drive a world class homeowner experience. This role will be an integral part of our continual improvement focus, applying their knowledge and talents to improve efficiencies.
- Lead collaboration with existing team members to improve processes related to our ability to operate in particular municipalities and neighborhoods
- Leverage technology, including SalesForce and external mapping resources to streamline needs of permitting and association approvals
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a robust resource to aid in the efficiency of obtaining permit and association approvals that result in a faster project turn around time
- Working on a bachelor’s degree with a focus in business, supply chain, marketing, operations, management information systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies such as SalesForce, MS Office, Excel, Access, etc.
- Proficient in using technology to help improve business processes
- Problem solving, communication, critical thinking and teamwork
Culture and Benefits:
Benefits include, and are not limited to:
- Meaningful project to lead and complete over the summer
- Opportunity to present final project to senior leadership
- Paired with a mentor & manager to guide you throughout the program
- Various development sessions, including a meet & greet with CEO
- Several networking events with leaders, interns and other professionals
- Potential for internship to lead to full time employment
- Chance to give back to the community, through a volunteer event
- Intern Housing available for those who qualify
Andersen Corporation has been named one of “America’s Best Large Employers 2021” and a “Best Employer for Diversity 2021” by Forbes Magazine. Andersen is also recognized as a Yellow Ribbon Company for our commitment to veterans, service members and military families.
Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing, and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize their potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
Andersen has been an ENERGY STAR® partner since the Windows program began in 1998. This is Andersen’s fourth Sustained Excellence Award and the ninth time the company has been recognized by the ENERGY STAR program.
In accordance with the Federal OSHA COVID-19 mandates and in keeping with Andersen’s top priority to protect the health and safety of our employees against the COVID-19 virus, and our belief that vaccines are the best defense against this virus, Andersen requires that all new employees provide acceptable proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. A person is fully vaccinated fourteen days after having received a final COVID-19 vaccine dose (the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or a single Johnson & Johnson vaccine dose).