Quality / Business Processes Intern (Summer 2022)
Purpose of Position
Are you interested in working for a fast-paced, innovative, high growth company leading the Smart Cities industry? More than 3,100 cities worldwide trust GTT to deliver reliable intelligent transportation solutions, including 41 of the 50 largest U.S. cities.
At GTT, we design intelligent transportation solutions (ITS) that help cities be smarter. Not so they compete on Jeopardy, but so its people get around in a more efficient way. Our advanced technology keeps traffic lights green for first responders to arrive on-scene safely and quickly, for buses to remain on schedule, and for snowplows to clear streets more efficiently. But despite more than 50 years of industry-leading innovation, we’re not resting on our laurels. After all, technology waits for no one (including us). Our Smart Cities Platform brings cloud-based and collaborative solutions to an ever-changing IoT market.
If you are committed to improving processes and bring with that a strong work ethic, we have just the position for you. We are seeking a college level quality assurance or business process focused student to work with our team on various process improvement projects.
- Working with cross functional teams, from engineering, marketing, client services, and operations in order to:
- Evaluate and implement improvements to various quality, operational, and management processes
- Develop metrics to measure success
- Develop project plans for process improvement projects
- Manage and report on progress on process improvement projects
- Updating process and procedure documentation
- Creating a centralized document storage tool and implement a version control process
- Communicating results and updated documentation to the organization
- Presenting results to leadership team
- Improving overall process map
- Linking overall process map to various departmental processes and procedures
- Developing/updating training content for affected processes
- Other duties as assigned
Remote Work Eligibility
Can Be Fully Remote
- Ability to understand processes and their relationship to business functions
- Skilled in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving Capabilities
Education and Experience
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing college degree in Business Management or related field.