2022 GWES Facilities Management Co-Op
As a science-based healthcare company with a longstanding commitment to inventing and providing important medicines and vaccines, subject to applicable law, we require all U.S. and Puerto Rico based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption or accommodation. We are committed to supporting our employees during this process as we work to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Our Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments that last up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Global Services division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. The vision for the Global Workplace and Enterprise Services (GWES) based in Pennsylvania is to improve patient’s lives by providing world-class facility services & solutions that enable innovative research, medicines, & vaccines.
Work assignment will be project related, with a deliverable in mind.
- Work closely with the Facilities Management, Central Utilities, Utility Energy Operation in gaining hands-on experience through assisting with maintenance activities, operational data trending, and capital projects from the initial concept through construction and startup.
- Assist the Automation & Digital Data Engineering team to develop performance visualization and predictive modeling for our equipment and services.
- Support strategic planning and monitoring processes – compile realization metrics for department scorecards, interpret and report realization progress to leadership, and ensure execution of project/program is delivering business realization goals.
- Gain project experience by regularly attending portfolio meetings and reviewing broad spectrum of facility related projects; put into a schedule with deliverables; physically monitor projects and report status (e.g. spend to date and current forecast).
- Maintain effective organizational skills and implement appropriate communication and planning.
- Keep abreast of new developments in area of responsibility, and recommend changes to improve service, operation, reliability, efficiency, and state-of-the-art applications.
- Responsible for learning and adhering to all our Company Safety, Health, Environmental, GMP and regulatory requirements (as required by task).
- Work with minimum supervision and exercise independent judgment in the daily performance of his/her duties.
- Perform necessary administrative duties to ensure maintenance of records, reports, and associated tasks.
A transcript will be sent to the employer on your behalf if you request an interview for this job.
No housing will be provided. Travel to and from the plant site will be the responsibility of the candidate.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors program in Engineering, or related field.
- Candidates must have Majors Sought: Bus. - Business & Engineering, Bus. - Finance, Bus. - Operations Management, Eng. - Architectural Engineering, Eng. - Chemical Engineering, Eng. - Civil Engineering, Eng. - Electrical Engineering, Eng. - Environmental Engineering, Eng. - Mechanical Engineering, Eng. - Property Management, Eng. - Construction Management
- Candidates must have Minimum GPA: 3.00
- Candidates must have level(s) of Experience Sought: Beginner - Limited or no previous work experience/first Co-op or Intermediate - Some related work or volunteer experience/second Co-op or Advanced - Previous related work experience/final Co-op
- Candidates must be available for a period of 6 months. Must be able to work flexible hours and undergo federal background check for access to classified systems.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.