Assistant Director - Graphic Artist
Are you a graphic designer with marketing design skills who loves combining your creativity and artistic talent with the mastery of technologies to create high performing creative content? We are looking for that incredible Graphic Designer with advertising and/or marketing experience to assist our global sales teams with client engagement, presentations, videos, and other marketing materials! You will use your experience and expertise as a Creative Designer to support various client initiatives by developing effective and highly compelling, story-driven content for marketing purposes. This role will partner closely with Industry Practice Leads, industry segment sales leaders, central marketing and solution marketing teams.
Your work will impact many partners, will be highly visible across various audience segments and represent the "voice" of our business, helping to shape our corporate identity and reputation, hence you must consistently meet or exceed a high standard of excellence.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the sales team, designing presentations and other material for client meetings, conferences, and the promotion of Moody’s Analytics products and services
- From brief to delivery, responsible for understanding specific value propositions based on product, service, market data and client needs to deliver the very best creative and influential work
- Create brand-aligned and story-driven designs for use in decks, presentations, video, and other forms of client engagement by our sales team
- Create strong and effective design communications within our branding guidelines, while working closely with the sales team leads on integrated campaigns to ensure design integrity and consistency throughout all communications
- Translate complex problems and distil them into a simplified stories and graphics
- Strategize and brainstorm with the marketing team to collectively produce strong creative designs that “tell a story”
- Show strong creative judgment and give clear and honest feedback
- Support ad-hoc marketing design requests across various channels
- Proactively explore new and innovative visual approaches and techniques for data-driven storytelling, specific to customers’ use case
- BA, BFA, MFA in Graphic/Visual Design, Computer Graphics, Visual Communication, Fine/Studio Art, Journalism, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a client-side or digital agency environment, designing, producing and publishing optimized marketing content
- Knowledge and interest in Finance, Economics, Technology or related field is a plus.
- Must have a strong and high-quality portfolio demonstrating creativity, design expertise, strategic thinking, and software competence with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) with an emphasis in PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of typography, copywriting, illustration, color theory, storyboarding, and iconography
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work in an agile team environment, solve problems, work under pressure while juggling multiple projects with moving deadlines.
- Ability to present design concepts, iterations, and final visuals to defend design decisions along the way
- Self-starter, able to conceptualize and execute on focused messaging in order to drive brand awareness
- Image editing and video editing skills are a plus