Media Services Specialist
RK Media is a dynamic organization representing Christian non-profit ministries who use radio, television and digital media to reach their audience. As a full-service agency, we serve our ministry partners by producing top-quality Bible teaching, talk and inspirational broadcasts that include strategic fundraising campaigns and promotions. We also serve as the direct liaison between non-profit ministries and the radio and television stations that carry their programs.
RK Media offers a fast-paced, collaborative work environment with potential for both personal and professional growth. We strive to find individuals who wish to make a direct impact in the mission of Christian non-profit ministries and the media industry. We believe that when team members find value and meaning in their work, they experience success and significance. Learn more at rkmedia.co.
About the Position
In this position, the Media Services Specialist works directly with radio stations, television stations, and media outlets as the primary liaison on behalf of the Christian non- profit ministries we represent.
The Media Services Specialist manages customer service and administrative tasks including, but not limited to, managing incoming and outgoing phone and email traffic, data entry in multiple databases ensuring detailed accuracy, and digital and paper file management.
The position provides support to media outlets on a variety of requests and collaborates with Media Services team and ministry partners on special station and ministry projects. Projects may include call out campaigns, extensive data entry projects, research and station audits. Responsible for processing and documenting placement requests, change requests, and clearly communicating station needs to upper management.
Provides support to multiple ministry partners, requiring candidate to learn and understand the unique mission, strategy and organizational challenges of multiple ministries to ensure they are served with excellence.
Position requires superior customer service skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to think analytically in regards to data collection and dissemination. Extremely detail oriented. Requires strong time management skills and ability to tackle a wide variety of tasks on any given day.
Position requires a willingness to grow, learn, and to jump in on team projects that may be out of scope for the position’s day-to-day tasks.
- Manage incoming phone and email traffic with poise and confidence
- Ensure all incoming requests are tracked and followed through to completion
- Communicate with professionalism in all interactions
- Responsible for ensuring station and contract data is current and accurate
- Process station requests and follow through to completion
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on radio release and station growth
- Prepare station lists and other reports as needed
- Coordinate the sending of client materials, audio spots, digital assets, promotional assets to radio stations
- Ability to manage high workload involving balancing multiple tasks at any given time
- Coordinate custom spot requests between Media Services, Creative Services and
- Production. Ensure deadlines and quality control standards are met
- Participate in phone campaigns to potential and current stations. Includes ability to make cold calls.
Support Media Services Marketing team in collecting copy, graphics and marketing related materials from various entities based on marketing timeline requirements
Organize marketing related items in Dropbox to ensure Marketing Team has all they need to prepare monthly communication to stations
Works within set parameters and meets deadlines
Work in Mail Chimp to ensure accurate email lists and create basic templates
Digital and Physical filing
- Proficient on Mac
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Filemaker, Google Docs / Sheets
- Ability to learn new software quickly and work with efficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly, collaboratively and effectively
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proven superior customer service experience
- Team Player
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Familiarity with Christian radio programs
- General understanding of Christian denominational and theological differences
- Empathy for mission of non-profit ministries to facilitate client goals
- A minimum of three years professional work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A focus in Business, English, Communications or Media preferred, but not required.