About Calvert Impact Capital
Founded in 1988, Calvert Impact Capital is a global non-profit investment firm that raises capital to invest in mission-driven organizations with an explicit, intentional, and measurable social and/or environmental impact in pursuit of a financial system that is more equitable and sustainable. We have raised more than $3 billion from individual and institutional investors that have fueled loans and investments into over 100 countries and nine impact sectors.
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill an analyst position on its Investments team to support portfolio management and credit analysis on our global portfolio. The role requires someone with strong financial analysis and Excel modeling skills, effective communications skills, a desire to understand organizations and financing structures spanning a wide variety of impact sectors and geographies, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also provide a high level of service to internal and external customers and be strongly committed to the mission of Calvert Impact Capital. This position will report to a Director on the Investments team but will work closely with all members of the team. This is a terrific opportunity for someone earlier in their career interested in investing for positive social and environmental impact.
- Review and analyze quarterly and annual borrower financial and other reporting, including updating financial and impact spreads, confirming covenant compliance and reporting on progress, trends and/or challenges;
- Collaborating with Investment Officers on investment modifications and covenant waivers
- Support Investment team members with collection of annual and quarterly due diligence materials from borrowers including financial and impact data;
- Collaborate with Investment Officers on investment analysis and due diligence of new debt and equity investments
- Help administer investment committee scheduling and minutes
- Support Loan Administration on loan closings and servicing as needed;
- Be a positive contributor to our high-performing, mission-driven culture;
- Engage with colleagues on the team and across the organization on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Has the ability to construct basic financial models in Excel;
- Is systems and process minded and is familiar with relational databases (e.g., Salesforce, Airtable, and Power BI);
- Has the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
- Has strong written and oral communication skills;
- Thrives at multi-tasking and skilled at prioritizing competing demands;
- Has a keen intellect combined with a good sense of humor and solid personal integrity;
- Has a positive, forward-looking approach directed to overcoming obstacles and a “can-do” attitude to implement solutions;
- Has an undergraduate degree, with relevant coursework in accounting or finance;
- Is fluent in English and has high-level proficiency in a second language (French or Spanish preferred).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Investment Analyst Posting'” in the email subject line. No phone inquiries please.