Analyst, Middle Market M&A, Winter 2022 (Internship) - 10 Weeks
We are actively targeting Sophomores and Juniors for this internship opportunity.
Provides a combination of deep industry sector expertise, innovative thinking in a team-based approach and world class execution across a full suite of products to clients through an integrated Capital Markets platform using a sector ecosystem approach.
- Collaborates to generate creative, client-focused solutions to prospective and current clients.
- Develops written internal and external marketing on pitch material.
- Supports deal teams in development, presentation, and winning mandates.
- Seeks to develop an understanding of client needs and outcomes.
- Provides materials to support an outstanding client experience.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients.
- Provides analytical findings to deal teams.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Researches and analyzes company and industry financial and operating information.
- Performs complex financial modeling and runs valuation analysis as part of client / industry evaluations.
- Creates statistical exhibits and financial performance trend analysis for client presentations.
- Prepares industry compilations.
- Completes quality reports/analyses.
- Applies technical concepts and understands implication of work to client/transaction.
- Develops an understanding of and proficiency in using all required systems and models.
- Participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels
- Provides feedback on, and supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis, and/or streamlined reporting.
- Delivers financial modeling to support strategic recommendations to clients.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- As a full-time employee, we would require 3-5 years of experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- An undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting with outstanding academic achievement.
- Financial analysis training and experience.
- 0 - 3 years of successive relevant experience within investment and/or corporate banking.
- Shows initiative, prioritizes work, multi-tasks effectively.
- Highly skilled in building complex financial models.
- Expertise in using financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Skilled in creating statistical presentations.
- Creative, insightful, and resourceful.
- Strong interpersonal skills within a demanding team environment.
- Strong ability to review and assess detailed information daily on multiple projects in an organized manner.
- Works independently within a team environment.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.