Intern - IT Business Intelligence Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to achieve – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Our AI & Analytics group is responsible for working with various business owners/stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, GCS, Infosec, Operations, and Finance to solve complex business problems which will have a direct impact on the metrics defined to showcase the progress of Palo Alto Networks.
We leverage the latest technologies from the Cloud & Big Data ecosystem to improve business outcomes and create through prototyping, Proof-of-Concept projects and application development. We are seeking an intern for our team who will work closely with other Principal Engineers, Product Managers, Data Engineers & Data Scientists. In this role you will work in the AI & A team to design, and deliver our next generation data services
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company and our leaders
- Deliver Executive dashboards end to end with actionable insights and sub sec performance
- Quick to learn data visualization tools like Tableau,Looker, Einstein Analytics etc
- Conduct deep analysis to discover actionable business insights to grow palo alto networks business top line
- Be a storyteller who can show the tell how to get business insights from the Dashboard
- Currently working towards a B.A./B. S/B.E./MS in a technical area (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Ability to create actionable dashboards, passionate about data and good data evangelist
- Prior experience in building dashboards in any of the BI Platforms
- Experience in writing SQL queries to perform data analysis
- Basic understanding of data analysis methods and approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Requirements – All applicants must be completing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate and returning to school in the fall. You must have authorization to work within the United States.
Our Data and Analytics team is responsible for deep diving into data, figuring out issues with the quality of data and coming up with advanced techniques to bring insights out of the data to solve business problems.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.