Aircraft Configuration Analyst
The Configuration Control Documentation Desk team is responsible for maintaining Allegiant fleet component configuration in accordance with approved data and company established standards. This position also advises and provides technical expertise to Line Maintenance to ensure on-time fleet operations preferred.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering desired, or equivalent experience established through licensure and/or work experience.
FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification or former military personnel with equivalent maintenance experience desired.
Years of Experience:
Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience,
• Knowledge of A319/A320 aircraft systems preferred.
• Knowledge of and ability to understand OEM, Wiring Diagram Manuals (WDM) and schematics.
• Knowledge of an ability to research ADs and other FARs.
• Knowledge of aircraft alteration/repair approvals.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to work well independently as well as collaborate with others as part of a team.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Proficiency working with aircraft technical data, drawings and manuals to determine effectivity and eligibility of components/assemblies for installation on specific aircraft.
• Ability to work under operational pressure.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Familiarity with engineering documents, drawings and parts list.
• Minimal travel may be required.
• Ability to work a rotational on-call schedule for after-hours, weekends, and holidays to support 24/7 coverage is required.
• Research and validate data for approving a change to the parts master list Support line maintenance and heavy maintenance requests to add/remove part numbers from the part master list.
• Add new part numbers into Allegiant information systems (AIS).
• Handle daily component inquires and provide technical assistance to various departments in support of day-to-day operations.
• Maintain and update Aircraft, Engine, APU and Landing Gear configuration in AIS.
• Review and evaluate new parts requests to ensure effectiveness, interchangeability and configuration are maintained in compliance with Allegiant's policy and procedures.
• Review and maintain modification status of all in-service aircraft.
• Provide support to the aircraft maintenance department for critical Aircraft On Ground (AOG) situations.
• Ensure proper documentation exists for the authorization of aircraft parts.
• Research Part Interchangeability and Applicability, including Pre/Post Service Bulletin status, in order to resolve fleet concerns.
• Perform audits of critical time controlled components to ensure compliance with Allegiant's MTLSM program.
• Manage a report identifying the current discrepancies in on/off wing harmonization of parts numbers and serial number.
• Support receiving inspection with part number research and validation of required documentation necessary to accepting a part into the Allegiant system.
• Research parts evolution process and understand interchangeability status through various modification.
• Navigate Manuals such as IPC, AMM, CMM, SB, SL, and PMA and extract substantiation information to support part interchangeability.
• Initiate requests to implement and document approved changes to the aircraft configuration within Allegiant's IPC.
• Review AD's and determine effectivity and applicability to aircraft components/assemblies.
• Review engineering documents and implement controls to manage the fleet standardization.
• Update AIS for key data such as Serial Number and part position information.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.