Management Consultant - Miami, FL
Applied Value is a world-class management consulting and investment firm that brings a Lean Growth philosophy to building value for our clients, investments, and society. Each part of our practice improves the others: we apply an owner-operator perspective with clients and leverage business expertise to identify and optimize investments. Those same Lean Growth principles create impact beyond profit.
Opportunity to Join our Newest Office in Miami, FL
Join Applied Value's newest office in one of the country's fastest-growing cities! We're looking for Consultants (1-3 years of experience) to join an exceptionally entrepreneurial environment and help establish a brand new presence in an exciting market. If you enjoy solving cross-functional problems, operating in a team setting and building things from scratch, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a consultant at Applied Value (AV), you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to work with clients that are often more entrepreneurial, innovative, and international than typical management consulting clients. Applied Value clients range from new business ventures to established market leaders, giving our team members the opportunity to experience a variety of business challenges with companies at different stages of development. Applied Value also develops long term relationships with our clients, allowing consultants to work closely with industry experts and senior level management to ensure that the creation and delivery of final products is always of the highest standards.
Consultants have a high level of responsibility for gathering company and industry data, interviewing personnel, and developing and implementing key insights and recommendations. As a consultant, you will often be responsible for managing day-to-day scheduling and progress updates to ensure a successful engagement with the client. Guided by your manager, you will direct research and analysis as well as structure the project approach, objective, and implementation.
Candidates must be decisive, results-oriented, highly motivated, and able to work in an unstructured environment. Demonstrated leadership, business acumen and financial skills, plus a willingness to travel are essential. Previous start-up, general management, engineering, sales, or marketing experience is a plus. Flexibility and drive are requirements.
Anything else you should know?
- Named “Best Boutique Firms to Work for” by Forbes, Vault and Ivy Exec
- Top-tier clients across all industries
- Excellent compensation/benefits package
- Two global company off-sites per year (Past trips include: Dubai, Mykonos, Tanzania, Cape Town, Shanghai)
- Accessibility into AV’s various business units including Investments, Portfolio Companies, Social Impact, etc.
- Opportunity to make an immediate impact/uncapped growth
- This posting is open to candidates located or willing to re-locate to Miami and you will also have the flexibility to work out of our offices around the world
- Consultants: 1-3 years of experience
- Relevant work experience is preferably within management consulting, although other relevant industry experience will be considered
- Degrees in Engineering, Business and Economics are preferred but not required
- Consultants must be fluent in English