The Credit Analyst researches and analyzes borrower financial information; prepares and presents formal written loan presentations to CCO, CEO, and Loan Committee for approval on new and existing loan transactions; conducts ongoing financial analysis and credit monitoring on transactions within Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Analyzes and articulates transaction risk, and recommends loans for approval.
- Assesses cash flows, total project cost analysis, collateral value, absorption analysis, and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Analyzes borrower financial statements and tax returns for companies and individuals regarding net worth and cash flow and strengths/risks of loan repayment sources.
- Identifies and summarizes risks related to third party reports and collateral valuations.
- Evaluates preliminary title reports and various documents affecting the Bank’s collateral lien rights.
- Prepares the formal written credit authorization ensuring complete and accurate information, industry trends, and compliance with current legal requirements within required timeframes.
- Maintains close communication with Loan Center, lending officers, and clients to ensure the timeliness of the renewal and new loan funding process.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of all deposit, cash management, and commercial loan products of the Bank as well as current knowledge of bank regulations and statues.
- Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) through business development efforts. Actively participates in community organizations.
- Maintains a current knowledge of bank regulations. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Bank policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college
- Two to five (typically five to ten for senior analyst) years of experience in credit analysis within a banking/lending environment
- Knowledge of accounting, financial statement, and cash flow analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in computers with ability to use standard or specialized computer hardware and software packages, including word processing and spreadsheets in a Windows environment
River City Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Individuals seeking employment at River City Bank are considered without regards to ancestry, age, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran/military status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Note: River City Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.