Intern - Summer 2022 - Data Analytics
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Summer 2022 Intern to join our Data Analytics team in Orangeburg, NY. This role will be 100% on-site - applicants must be commutable to the Orangeburg, NY area.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be challenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Develop and manipulate complex Excel spreadsheets to analyze data, reveal trends, and derive business intelligence
- Perform data extraction and data cleansing from SAP and other systems
- Collaborate with team members to build reports that communicate actionable information in a clear and concise visual/written fashion
- Generate data visualizations, dashboards, and metrics
- Provide oversite of relevant data input/extraction processes and identify issues
- Respond to general inquiries related to subject area
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire internship period
- Must be commutable to and from the Orangeburg, NY area for the duration of the internship period
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Microsoft Office proficiency, with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- PowerBI skills a plus
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence positive change in a rapid, high pace environment
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Business Analytics space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions