Developer Analyst – Data Services / Cloud
Developer Analyst – Data Services / Cloud, New York, NY
Instinet Data Services Team develops unique solutions to manage and leverge market and transaction data to support customer analytics, data mining, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives. We support pre and post trade analysis of transaction and orders, execution algorithms to improve customer trading performance and big data solutions.
The Technology intern in data services is a critical role at Instinet, as it is uniquely positioned to both expose one to the technologies and techniques used in modern trading as well as provide opportunities to contribute in a short period of time. The intern will work with our engineering team as fully engaged member of the team, learning and apply big data concepts and architectures to solve real-world problems. He or She will participate in the Agile scrum, growing competency to take on more complex tickets, and issues. Growing new talent at Instinet technology teams is a top priority for the firm. Candidates will be exposed to state of the art in data services, cloud, and big data technologies, and help build the next generation of technologies in the finance space.
· Collaborate as part of the engineering team to solve problems in the data services space leveraging your development and analysis skills
· Support the AWS migration of critical systems in the trading infrastructure, gaining insight into cloud fundamentals, and unique system requirements
· Help build the next generation multi-tenant systems for Middle and back office
· Ability to develop in Java ideally, or in another similar language
· Strong fundamental computer science skills; data structures, algorithm analysis, efficient programming and code testing
· Knowledge of different database technologies; relational, document, and columnar with the ability to choose the appropriate one for a given use case
· Ability to navigate a command line interface in Linux or Unix
· Ability to create and execute SQL queries to get relevant data from databases
· Experience in code design, choosing appropriate design patterns, and decomposition of problems to create programs that are efficient, testable, and maintainable
Enrolled in or pursuing a Bachelor’s (junior or senior year), Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume along with a cover letter specifying the role/location you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org