Intern - Clinical Data Management
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Throughout the pandemic, one of our key priorities has been to keep employees as safe as possible. At this time, we plan for most of our summer internships to be virtual, with exceptions of essential groups. We ask for our intern candidates to be flexible to a virtual format or residence in the location of the position throughout the duration of the internship.
The Clinical Data Management Intern will support the lead Clinical Data Manager in Clinical Data Management activities. The candidate will have opportunities to learn about the field of Clinical Data Management and will work with numerous Dexcom departments including Biostatistics, Clinical Affairs, R&D etc. The candidate will be required to document project progress and provide regular updates to the team.
The Clinical Data Management field is a fast growing segment of the life sciences industry. Clinical Data Management is responsible for designing and managing methods of clinical trial acquisition. Clinical data is the core evidence obtained from clinical trials. The clinical data evidence is used by life sciene firms and regulators to evaluate the safety and efficacy of medical devices, pharmaceutical and biological therapy products. The Dexcom Clinical Data Management team provides support for Dexcom clinical trials worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of Clinical Trial Case Report Forms and Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system.
- Review clinical research studies and perform clinical data cleaning.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and quality review.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and alignment and make recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in, or familiarity with, the healthcare industry.
- Interest in the medical device or biopharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
- Demonstrated interest in clinical trials.
- Knowledge of programming languages, SAS, SQL etc. is highly desired.
- Highly flexible and able to shift priorities as needed.
- Self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in progress from an accredited college or university (Junior or Senior).
- Master's level candidate preferred.
- Relevant coursework on health-related field, computer science or informatics preferred.