Intern - New Markets Data Scientist
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Throughout the pandemic, one of our key priorities has been to keep employees as safe as possible. At this time, we plan for most of our summer internships to be virtual, with exceptions of essential groups. We ask for our intern candidates to be flexible to a virtual format or residence in the location of the position throughout the duration of the internship.
Recently formed, the New Markets organization is an expanding, fully-dedicated team focused on creating significant value by driving Dexcom’s world-class continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology into new applications, such as non-intensive type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, the hospital and managed care facilities, and pregnancy (including gestational diabetes). These important initiatives are entrepreneurial by nature, as they may require novel go-to-market strategies and new technologies. Each member of this team will play a critical role in helping the New Markets organization first explore then realize the significant potential that exists within these exciting new opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and merge data from multiple sources, and run data quality assurance checks
- Analyze the prepared data using best practices and statistical methods to provide meaningful insights and strategic recommendations to technical and business teams
- Research new analysis approaches and develop new statistical methods
- Experience in quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, modeling and machine learning
- Proficiency in Python or R programming
- Solid SQL skills for data querying and manipulation
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities and skills to analyze data problems and propose solutions
- Hands-on data processing and analysis experience with Python, R and SQL
- Previous experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing clinical data
- Familiarity with cloud platform for data storage, query and computing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Data Science, Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Computer Science or a related technical field