Business Development Analyst
This position will play an integral supporting role in the analysis and evaluation of potential business development opportunities such as acquisitions, investments, financing transactions, joint venture transactions, new sales and supply opportunities, as well as supporting general business activities within other departments across the company. These activities are typically highly confidential, enterprise-wide in scope and involve frequent interaction with both internal and external parties. The individual in this position will play an important part in the development of detailed analysis and presentation material to help senior leadership and the REG Board make informed business decisions.
Business and Financial Analysis & Execution
- Assist with proposals for specific technologies or partners as needed
- Assist with evaluating business development opportunities and designing execution plans
- Perform complex business analysis, financial modeling, and company valuations
- Perform sensitivity analyzes to assess changes in project valuation across a variety of scenarios (macro-economic and commercial variables)
- Apply scientific methodology to areas of interest and utilize formal problem-solving techniques to develop and implement solutions in considering various opportunities
- Lead in the execution of business development opportunities or offer guidance, when necessary, to more junior team members without significant guidance from management level.
- At the Sr. Business Analyst level, mastery of business development execution techniques are evident and the individual will be able to guide and train more junior level team members.
Project Management & Collaboration
- Maintain cross-organizational relationships with key personnel, including Corporate Strategy, Corporate Finance, Engineering, Production, Global Sourcing, Quality, Sales, Risk Management and other internal departments to align departmental efforts and priorities with overall company objectives
- Cultivate a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment across departments
- Communicate effectively with others throughout this process to ensure alignment with company strategy, objectives, and the availability of required resources
- Manage partner relationships for secondary projects
- At the Sr. Business Analyst level, the individual will be able to guide and train more junior level team members in project management.
Conduct Business Research
- Lead in researching target companies, potential business partners, new industries, and new technologies. This may require coordinating directly with the Corporate Strategy and Corporate Finance teams.
- At the Sr. Business Analyst level, provide direction, when necessary, to more junior team members without significant guidance from management level.
Develop Presentation Materials
- Develop materials for presentation to senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- Prepare summary analysis for presentations.
- Prepare business and financial analysis for presentations.
- At the Sr. Business Analyst level, show ability to lead in presentation materials development or offer guidance, when necessary, to more junior team members without significant guidance from management level.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Business-related field, engineering, or other STEM degree
Experience Required: 1-7 years of experience within Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting, Finance, or related industries; years of experience will help the hiring determine whether a Business or Senior Business Analyst role is the right fit
Strong math and financial knowledge
Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong project management skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project)
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Background in scientific, engineering, or business area is preferred
Experience in navigating, constructing and manipulating financial models
Sound understanding of finance, accounting and valuation methodologies
Knowledge of resource management, data management, and effective sales/service methods