Data Scientist Remote (Senior Consultant MIS - Level B), Test & Trace Corps – ID # 70461
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The Test and Trace Corps (T2) is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data, Analytics and Product Development Team, which is dedicated to organizing, analyzing, and communicating data as well as building technology solutions, to support and inform programmatic and operational efforts of the initiative.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Data and Analytics Unit Director, the Data Scientist will be responsible for analyzing data, designing and implementing experiments, and building models that support the continuous improvement of current products utilized across the T2 operation, as well as contributing data-driven insights to inform new product development. The Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Analyzing large, complex datasets drawing from T2 operations and across the Data and Analytics Unit
- Analyzing data to pull out key insights and conclusions about product effectiveness, missing product components, and specifications for future products needed for successful T2 operation
- Devising and implementing data experiments, product tests, and avenues for programmatic change to increase the effectiveness of T2 products utilized across the operation
- Building machine learning models for experimentation, used to test new features and functionality of proposed programmatic change, and create methods to analyze or simulate expected outcomes in order to make determinations about effectiveness of requested programmatic changes and/or upgrades
- Utilizing predictive analytics to model different outcomes, and help identify the most likely scenarios in order to inform decision-making and identify solutions
- Preparing basic reports for the Senior Visualization Specialist and the Visualization Specialist to use as the basis for complex data visualization
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Economics/Statistics, Telecommunications, Data Communications, or a related field of study; and
2. Five (5) years of progressive, responsible experience in the field of data processing, computer systems and applications.
Operations Specialty requires supervisory experience (5 years).
Network Services requires a telecommunications background and experience.
3. Broad knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of computers, peripheral devices, communications systems and hardware capabilities, programming languages, E.D.P. applications, systems analysis methodology, data management and retrieval techniques; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Expertise in SQL, R, Python or equivalent programming language for data science
Base knowledge of common machine learning and data modeling techniques
Knowledge of common ML and data modeling techniques
Experience working with large organizations and in multi-functional teams
Experience designing experiments/pilots in a social setting to drive strategic decision making
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.
Apply for Job