BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the Team:
The BlueLabs Data Science Team develops deep expertise and uses data to inform strategic advice to our clients. Our polling work designs, implements, and fields tools that power our analysis and messaging. We take a deep dive into research that looks at what motivates people to vote, buy a product, hold an opinion, and whether campaigns are successful. Our statistical research identifies areas where we can better assess the impact of various factors in the campaign and polling areas. Our fast-paced, impact-driven team conducts innovative analysis to support our clients’ work. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
About the Role:
Data Analysts are instrumental members of BlueLabs Data Science and engagement teams. They gain exposure to all parts of our process, from collecting and organizing data, to analyzing trends and predicting outcomes, and working with clients to understand how these insights can be used to improve program efficiency. Data Analysts are able to work both as part of a team and independently, completing projects in a fast-paced environment, error-free, and on short deadlines. You will receive strong mentorship and be given a chance to complete projects independently.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze data, as well as contribute to the design, implementation, and delivery of analytics products and services
- Support the team in building predictive models, tools, and data visualizations
- Check data and modeling results for quality and clean, transform, aggregate, and report on data as needed
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, program managers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions
- Strive to support team excellence by documenting processes and evangelizing new approaches
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about using data-driven solutions to improve social outcomes and bring a multidisciplinary approach to doing so
- You apply a variety of skills: whether thinking about how to develop an enduring process, digging deep into a complex data analysis, or putting yourself in the shoes of an end-user to answer a question they didn’t know they had - you’re comfortable thinking from a number of different perspectives
- You are able to respond to questions from your stakeholders while remaining objective in how you approach their unique challenges. You are comfortable with deriving value from imperfect data, but also know when to push the emergency stop button
What We are Seeking:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Conceptual understanding of foundations of statistics and modeling (distributions, parameter estimation, confidence intervals and tests, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Julia
- The ability to create informative and engaging data visualizations using industry leading tools
- The ability to build predictive models using regression and machine learning techniques
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of experimental design and causal inference
- The ability to create user interfaces for new products using frameworks such as Shiny or Django
- The ability to learn SQL to manipulate data
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including premier health insurance plan, 401K matching, unlimited vacation, 14+ weeks paid parental leave, professional development & learning stipend, flexible working hours, telecommuting options, pre-tax transportation options and more!
The salary for this position is $67,000 annually.
While we prefer this position to be in the Washington, DC area, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, he or she should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.