Financial Analyst - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering
Are you interested in helping be responsible for the business management of projects ranging from $1 million to $4 billion? How about taking part in key forecasting and accounting practices? If this is something that interests you, Kiewit is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day!
A Financial Analyst is an entry-level role focused on supporting a project in accounting and finance-related functions. Each project at Kiewit is run like a small business, with the Business Specialist concentrated on critical tasks such as cost control, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, human capital management, and compliance. This position will become skilled in executing processes and utilizing tools related to different types of cost and revenue components such as labor, construction equipment, materials, and subcontracts. The Business Specialist will be an integral part of the month-end and close-out processes and assist with preparing a financial reporting package for project management.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of our Lone Tree, CO office.
• Recognizes the importance of being a team player by adapting to project needs and helping in other areas as needed
• Fosters relationships with the Operations team and shows a willingness to learn about the work
• Ensures data quality and ability to embody data visualization best practices
• Understands the payroll and HR process workflow, and masters the systems used to properly hire, transfer, terminate, and pay all employees
• Comprehends how goods are purchased, invoices are received and paid, and maintains purchasing workflow internal controls
• Demonstrates understanding of the accounts payable process workflow and is able troubleshoot payment or vendor issues
• Understands intercompany and client billing process workflow, importance of timely and accurate billing documentation, and the effects of timeliness on cash management
• Ensures that all cost and cost adjustments are reviewed for accuracy to meet company standards and accounting rules
• Reviews costs, quantity claiming, budget structure and exception reports and makes appropriate corrections to ensure accurate reporting for management
• Identifies, adjusts, and reviews forecast and budget issues with the cost report to confirm proper recognition of cost and revenue
• Displays first-rate customer service skills – maintains a positive attitude and always willing to offer a helping hand to other team members
• Maintains highly organized work environment, understands importance of time management, and communicates in a clear, concise and effective manner
- 0 - 2 years of financial/data analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, Analytics, and/or equivalent degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working with Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, and other excel functions is required.
- Experience with data visualization in software such as Power BI, or Tableau is required.
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and passionate for continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $50,000 - $75,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.