Analyst, Secondaries Quantitative Research Group
With approximately $19.5 billion of AUM as of June 30, 2021, Landmark Partners, an Ares company, has pioneered and innovated within secondary markets across three decades and a range of alternative asset classes, including private equity, real estate and infrastructure. Over the course of our 30-year history in this space, we have invested across thousands of partnership interests, driving highly differentiated and proprietary transactions through our deeply established relationships with institutional investors, fund sponsors, and market advisors. Landmark Partners has more than 150 professionals across six offices in New York, Boston, Dallas, London, Hong Kong, and Simsbury, Connecticut.
Join our Private Equity team in New York
Qualified candidates will be invited to interview for a Private Equity Analyst position within the Firm’s Quantitative Research Group. Analysts will be responsible for a variety of both investment and research responsibilities as described further below. Landmark seeks to fill its analyst class with a broad mix of candidates with a variety of backgrounds (including finance, economics, mathematics, data analysis, and other fields).
The Firm has an extensive 6-week training program for new analyst hires, to ensure that all analysts are provided a well-rounded introduction to the field and are taught the skills & understandings needed to succeed, regardless of their particular academic background.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative due diligence on leveraged buyout, venture capital, and other private equity and infrastructure transactions
- Evaluate new investment opportunities by conducting due diligence, researching industries and comparable companies, interviewing fund sponsors, and preparing financial models as part of an underwriting team
- Prepare presentations for investors, firm partners, and counterparties
- Work with mathematical and statistical models to solve important problems in private equity investing, including identifying return drivers and attributes of private equity portfolios
- Prepare presentations and white papers analyzing private markets data and communicating key findings
- Evaluate clients’ private equity portfolios, identifying opportunities for active management in order to achieve portfolio objectives
- Contribute to the design, development, and evaluation of proprietary software tools used in the assessment of private equity investment opportunities
- Strong financial analysis, writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of leadership skills and a strong record of academic achievement
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of transaction teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as finance, economics, math, or data analysis preferred