Assistant Director, Infrastructure Engineering
The Assistant Director of Infrastructure engineering is responsible for the effective and efficient design and engineering of IT infrastructure used to support all business processes across the enterprise. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure engineering. This individual is also responsible for coordination with architecture resources to ensure that quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved. This role ensures alignment with the enterprise’s IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
- Three + years in information technology profession
- Three + years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts
- Demonstrated experience in both planning and successful execution roles in complex environments
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT infrastructure engineering groups in complex and dynamic environments.
- Attainment of relevant certifications and professional networking via involvement in industry groups.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, planning and execution skills.
- Strong infrastructure acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in a technical infrastructure role, such as a system administrator.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.