Data Analyst- Health and Human Services
** Minimum salary is listed. Actual salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.**
The Health and Human Services Data Analyst performs ad hoc analysis related to health and human services and assists the manager with administrative and organizational tasks. During legislative sessions, this position may serve as the fiscal note coordinator for health and human services related legislation. Depending upon qualifications, this position may assist in the preparation of health and human services caseload and cost projections.
The position reports to the Health and Human Services Data Analysis Manager and works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Use statistical software packages successfully.
- Think critically and use initiative and good judgment.
- Communicate professionally in writing and orally (including presentations in formal and informal settings).
- Create timely, relevant, accurate, and polished work products.
- Attentive to detail and complete tasks with an appropriate level of independence.
- Use business tools successfully (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, email, customized applications, desktop pc, laptop/tablet, and smart phone).
- Analyze, synthesize, and summarize quantitative and qualitative information.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information and follow agency protocols.
- Understand legislative/budget processes and budget, performance, and operations of assigned agency/topic.
- Work at a computer and desk for extended periods of time.
Essential Attributes and Skills
Attributes Required of Every LBB Employee
- Embrace agency mission/core values and follow policies, procedures, and processes.
- Work effectively with LBB management and staff, as well as all external customers.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and employ good interpersonal skills; demonstrate positive outlook.
- Balance concurrent projects, work under pressure, and adapt to changing priorities/deadlines.
- Act with motivation, organization, and attention to details; complete tasks with an appropriate level of independence.
- Be punctual and have regular attendance.
- Work overtime on nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary to meet agency deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Graduation with a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
- Course-work or degree in mathematics, statistics, quantitative research, or a related field is preferred.
- Two years of progressively responsible full-time work experience in a relevant area is preferred.
- Experience with statistical software packages is preferred.
- Knowledge of health and human services policy is preferred.
To apply for this position, you may apply directly through the posting selected on our website, which will redirect you to NeoGov or go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/ An Account will be required to access this website.
Human Resources will not be able to retrieve your credentials or reset your password. Only on-line applications will be accepted via NeoGov.
Examples of an applicant's work product and/or copies of transcripts may be required as condition of interview. Finalist may be given a work-related exercise. The person hired may be required to submit official transcripts. Credentials earned at foreign colleges and/or universities must have been evaluated by an acceptable entity and must be equivalent to credentials awarded by U.S. regionally accredited institutions of higher education.
The person hired may not simultaneously be employed by the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and another state agency or Texas public institution of public/higher education. Any job offer from the LBB is contingent upon proof of eligibility/authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis and proof of compliance with the Selective Service Law for males between the ages of 18 and 25.
LBB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment or in the provision of services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Applicants should communicate requests for disability-related accommodations during the application process to LBB Human Resources at HR@LBB.state.tx.us