Rotational Program (Product, Marketing, Analytics) — Class of 2022
Who we are
We’re a rapidly growing consumer tech startup in the Boston area. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at our company.
About our rotational program experience:
Our rotational program is a unique year-long opportunity for curious, analytically-minded, and empathetic entry-level candidates to jump into the world of consumer tech and explore their career interests by experiencing full-time roles on two or three different business teams.
Each participant is matched to two or three teams based on their skills and interests (some combination of product management, marketing, and analytics), and given the opportunity to spend four to six months doing a deep dive on each team. Participants will also be paired with a dedicated mentor along the way. It’s a program designed for learning and development, career exploration, relationship-building, and significant contribution to the business — in other words, both extensive learning and meaningful doing.
At the end of the program, participants will be matched to a long-term role that lives at the intersection of 1) their career aspirations, strengths, and interests, and 2) business opportunities that are high-impact and strategically-important.
Participants will start the program in fall 2022 and be matched to a long-term role in fall 2023.
During the program, participants can expect to:
- Get a deep-dive into the world of consumer tech, startups, and digital publishing.
- Explore their skills, interests, and strengths through hands-on, full-time work across a variety of business teams.
- Receive mentorship, coaching, and training from program alumni and leaders across the company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to solve high-priority business problems at a profitable, high-growth consumer business.
- Land in a long-term role that’s best suited for what they’ve learned about themselves and the business.
Ideal candidate for this position:
- Are excited about the world of startups, consumer tech, and/or book marketing.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and empathy.
- Have experience in a leadership capacity — whether that’s in classes, clubs, jobs, sports, side-projects, or other internships.
- Have experience in some (but not necessarily all) of the business teams you are interested in joining — whether that’s in classes, clubs, jobs, sports, side-projects, or other internships.
- Value a data-driven approach to decision making, and have some type of experience with data analysis.
- Have a knack for outside-the-box thinking, problem-solving, and big-picture strategy.
- Are from the graduating class of 2022 (or comparable level of experience).
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Remote work flexibility
Our team has where-you-work flexibility that allows you to choose a predominantly remote, in-office, or hybrid setup within Massachusetts, where our office is located, and certain other states. We’ll help each team member figure out the work set up that’s best for them, including WFH equipment or a dedicated desk space in our office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our in-person work options will remain contingent on local safety guidelines and recommendations.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone call
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future managers, the program managers and alumni, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation. We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. We’re currently conducting fully remote interviews via phone and video calls. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at email@example.com. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.