With supervision, this position provides automation support. The incumbent, working either individually or as a team member, assists supported staff members in assessing and defining their data processing requirements. Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, implements and documents new application systems; modifies and enhances existing programs and systems; and provides system-related operational and database support.
- Works with the staff to identify, define and document the need for development, conversion or modification of limited scope application system software. Develops and proposes cost effective solutions. Uses tools, such as prototyping to define and interpret requirements and to document results.
- Working from documented requirements, prepares design specifications; participates in design reviews; develops relatively simple, limited scope programs and systems; troubleshoots and corrects system problems; performs comprehensive unit and limited system testing and prepares and maintains technical and user documentation per standard. Ensures compliance with configuration management.
- Ensures compliance with configuration management procedures in all software-related activities.
- In close coordination with the Database Administrator, maintains databases for one or more applications. Sets up new application users and privileges; ensures that the DBMS is configured to optimize application performance and capabilities. Designs and implements controls to protect data from unauthorized access.
- Provides support of relatively simple, limited scope acquired systems that have minimal support or interface requirements. Acts as liaison between users and vendors for the installation and maintenance of new software releases and modifications. Assists vendors in identifying and isolating problems with their installed software, and installs and tests vendor updates and fixes. Participates in building custom interfaces to provide connectivity with other IDA systems. Ensures compliance with configuration management procedures in all software-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field with one year minimum experience in Information Technology OR high school diploma with three years of experience in Information Technology.
- Familiar with analysis, design, development and implementation of computer systems.
- Familiar with developing N-Tier applications using tools such as Microsoft’s Visual Studio and one or more SQL based relational database management systems like Microsoft’s SQL Server.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to occasionally work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.