IT Business Analyst Intern
Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. Every intern experience at IQVIA is unique and with our dedicated Early Talent Team here to take care of you, each intern will experience an inclusive intern community, fireside chats with executives, lunch & learns with various business units, access to our Employee Resource Groups, mentorship, skill shares, end of season presentations and much more!
Join the IQVIA Intern Program today!
If you have a passion for making a difference in healthcare, then consider joining the company that created the Human Data Science industry. If you enjoy technology, join IQVIA Digital Patient Suite Decentralized Clinical Trial Team where we build world class software as a service application for seamless and meaningful experiences and outcomes for patients, partners and people.
In this business analyst role, you will work closely with our cross-functional teams and core business leaders to drive break thorough changes in decentralized clinical trial technology. You will structure ambiguous problems and design solutions to support our product and business strategy and execution. You will have opportunities for professional growth by taking on new challenges everyday. Your work will be highly visible to IQVIA leadership and will be instrumental to achieving our Decentralized Clinical Trial product’s goals.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We give you opportunity to learn, to lead and to shine. We give you support, guidance and mentorship.
- Receive the epic level priority from product managers/owners
- Perform market research and ideate use cases and workflows
- Collect feedback from various stakeholders including engineering team, business team, design team and privacy group. Incorporate feedback and breakdown epics to features and then to user stories
- Groom use stories with engineering team to ensure high quality user requirements and acceptance criteria are documented and accepted by the engineering team
- Interact with scrum teams in order to ensure smooth, on-time and accurate deliveries. Raise risks to the scrum team and program manager when needed
- Conduct training and demoes to internal and external stakeholders when required
- Play an active part in process improvement exercises
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Team meeting
- Preferred: Have experience as a Business Analyst and or experience working in the healthcare/life sciences industry
- Preferred: Knowledge of any combination of Clinical Research and Development domain and systems, Patient Engagement Systems and/or Clinical Site facing systems
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience working in an Agile/scrum software development life cycle environment
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience of design thinking, customer journey mapping and quick prototyping
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing Bachelors or Masters in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Preferably a rising junior or senior
- Team Player, Self-Motivated, detail oriented and Act biased
- Ability to take ownership and work unsupervised
- Technical minded and with keen interest in understanding how things work and ability to learn
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with ability and confidence to interact with senior members (Business/Client/Enterprise)