Operations Director (@ Leaders Igniting Transformation)
Operations Director @ Leaders Igniting Transformation in Wisconsin (preferably Milwaukee, WI) - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
We’re looking for a creative and energetic Operations Director to help our nonprofit operations, including personnel, administration, compliance, and financial management.
The Operations Director will work on the following buckets of work, and potentially more
Internal Operations | Lead the People Operations Team and manage the Finance Manager.
- Improve and implement organization-wide systems to increase the efficiency of internal communication
- and project management.
- Oversee coordination of organization-wide activities, including, but not limited to, meetings and special events.
- Create and manage proposal process requests and manage vendor/consultant contract review, execution, and record keeping.
- Oversee internal people operations, including policy development and implementation; manage employee professional development opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and review internal standard operating policies and procedures (SOPP) and ensure compliance through training and one-on-one interactions
- Manage insurance vendors and employee benefits packages
- Maintain employment records in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Steward LIT in transition from fiscal sponsor to independent 501(c)(3) organization
- Manage part time and full time payroll and time tracking through Quickbooks, TSheets, and SageHR
- Support hiring managers with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of staff.
- Identify internal training opportunities; plan and lead training in a group setting and create resources and templates to share best practices internally.
- Manage a professional services database to connect staff with experts and consultants to further professionalize their work via the professional devel
- Manage office lease agreements and replenish office and program supplies as needed (and/or requested)
- Lead on the management of the annual audits and IRS 990 filing.
- Oversee the management and execution processing expenditures & invoices, internal c3/c4 cost-sharing rulebook, departmental budget expenses
- Oversee the execution of the semi-monthly invoicing process with our fiscal sponsor
Strong Candidates will come with
- Previous experience with financial management and reporting.
- Previous experience with human resources/people operations background, including experience working with payroll systems, benefits, policy development, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes.
- A firm understanding of IRS 501(c)(3) & 501(c)(c4) rules and regulations
- Experience improving organizational systems and preparing departments to utilize them with rapidly shifting organizational demands.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, plan backward, anticipate obstacles, troubleshoot, and make smart judgment calls as needed.
- Experience working with Google products (Gmail, Sheets, Doc, Admin Suite), Asana, Slack, and QuickBooks software
- Previous experience & understanding of Quickbooks or comparable accounting system
- Previous experience & understanding of complex invoice and time tracking systems including restricted grants
- A self-starter with a strong initiative who – beyond directing current systems – has the willingness to identify additional processes that could be streamlined and the skills to realize that vision.
- Willingness and excitement to think outside the box to ensure organizational values – especially those related to diversity, equity, and inclusion – are reflected in operations work.
- Skilled with critical thinking when managing to analyze and find solutions appropriately
- Goal orientation and strategic mindset, with the ability to adapt and collaborate to meet desired outcomes and metrics with thoughtful, proactive, and intentional communication
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to manage complex systems for tracking and program planning.
- Commitment to the growth and development of self, team, and community. Strong applicants will be inquisitive, curious, and open to feedback, direction, and collaboration.
- Proactive problem-solving, including the ability to think ahead, troubleshoot potential problems, seek solutions, and help the team meet their goals, with thoughtful communication about issues as they arise. Strong applicants will have significant prioritization skills and an adaptable work style.
- Attentive to detail, thoroughness, and efficiency
Leaders Igniting Transformation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
- Employment Classify: Full-time exempt
- Reports to: Co-Executive Leadership
- Compensation: $82,000 annually
- Benefits: Leaders Igniting Transformation offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, cell, and wifi allowance, professional development fund, and more!
- Location: Wisconsin (preferably Milwaukee). We have resumed in-person work and are following strict COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Travel: Occasional