2022 Internship - Logistics Analyst
Represent Textron Aviation Defense providing logistics support to the CLS program. This position assists with all logistics services and works directly with internal and external customers, along with suppliers to improve the overall performance of the U.S. T-6 fleet.
- Ability to read and comprehend aircraft technical publications, schematic diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly to the customer and contractor keeping customer service and experience paramount while responsibly handling proprietary information.
- Review field support requirements to identify and recommend spare parts, tools, and test equipment.
- Analyze Government operational usage data to:Provide Monthly demand projections for the usage needs
- Compare Contractor projections to Contractor supply orders
- Communicate areas of concern identified in the data and communicated by the TA Defense team
- Provide monthly activities, communications, analysis, suggested improvements and various other data to the Government as contract deliverables.
- Prepare Business Case Analysis(BCA) including resolution options and a recommended solution for of sustainment issues or to capitalize on opportunities identified in data analytics. Consider estimated costs for Non-Recurring Engineering Development (NRE), component procurement costs, retrofit costs, and life cycle cost impacts.
- Interface with customers, subcontractors, and supplier counterparts regarding logistics elements on a daily basis.
- Participate in and provide logistics support/briefs to various levels of management as required.
- Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions with only general direction.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Aviation, Logistics, Program/Project Management or other related field.
- A&P license is preferred.
- Relative experience in aviation logistics/supply support preferred
- Military or technical hands-on training preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working off-site, without close management proximity.
- Adaptability in dealing with people who are technically-focused as well as those focused on business processes.
- Strong command of MS Office tools.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.