Private Asset Analyst
LP Analyst is a leading independent private asset cloud-based analytics and consulting solutions firm that works closely with many of the industry’s most prominent institutional investors (LPs) and fund managers (GPs) to get better, more actionable decision-making intelligence into the hands of today’s demanding investors.
Our firm truly sits at the intersection of private asset analytics and consulting which means we take both a highly quantitative and qualitative approach to tackling big challenges and developing cutting-edge solutions for our clients. For our analyst team, this means not only getting into the details when working with large amounts of private asset data across a wide range of strategies but also an opportunity to synthesize this information, through the firm’s proprietary reporting and analytics platform, for key decision makers at our clients’ investment programs, including private asset class leads and chief investment officers.
If you are a high achiever with a passion for learning about the private asset analytics and consulting landscape while also being part of a strong, motivated and innovative team of forward-thinking professionals, LP Analyst might be the right place for you.
LP Analyst encourages and promotes diversity within its team. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, veterans and members of all underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Private Equity Analysts play several key roles in helping LP Analyst’s clients achieve success:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing and executing reporting and analytics for multiple institutional investor program clients
- Analyzing and structuring private asset fund data including performance, underlying investment and cash flow details
- Exposure to diverse strategies (private equity, venture, real estate, infrastructure, debt, etc.)
- Coordinating with private asset managers to collect relevant data
- Creating client-specific reporting and dashboard analytics
- Collaborating with clients to better understand unique requirements
- Performing ‘ad-hoc’ research on private asset strategies
- Participating on projects focused on fund manager due diligence, secondary fund and direct transaction valuation
- Participating on other ‘ad-hoc’ private asset consulting projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, math or other related field (though other majors will be considered); minimum 3.0 GPA
- 0-3 years of prior work experience in a business-related field
- Strong Excel skills (advanced formulas and functions including VBA / macros a plus)
- Strong PowerPoint proficiency (experience working on client deliverables a plus)
- Exceptionally high attention to detail when managing and analyzing large data sets
- Ability to work as part of a growing team to constantly implement and improve process and technology
- High self-motivation with ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines and seek additional leadership roles
- Excellent written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, energy and overall enthusiasm for learning about private assets and financial analytics
Why LP Analyst?
- Professional development programs, such as a comprehensive Private Asset Training Program for new hires, an Excel course, and regular teach-ins on business and industry topics and themes
- Early opportunities for advancement for top-performing analysts
- Company-sponsored 401k plan, healthcare and dental insurance plans
- Paid time-off that increases with tenure at the firm, plus an annual volunteer day of your choice
- Easy-going company culture with frequent company-sponsored team events and happy hours and casual dress code
- Great office located in the arts district downtown with paid parking, free snacks and many other office perks