Cloud Operations Associate Systems Engineer Intern
Charter Network Operations (NetOps) is dedicated to the quality, reliability and integrity of the network systems that bring products and services to our customers. In the NetOps Internship 10 Weeks Program you will be working with bright minds that are the power behind the services that Charter provides.
As a member of the Application Platform Operations (APO) Cloud Operations team, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for operations of Cloud Infrastructure device such as Compute, Storage, Virtualization, and Containers that make up our on premise Cloud at Charter. This includes end to end management of all systems and applications that support roughly 10k Compute nodes, 30 Petabytes of Storage, and over 20k Virtual Machines. We are growing and improving the way we automate our systems to improve our efficiency, accuracy, and reliability. Our team has deployed the frame work of our Infrastructure as a Service platform and Containers as a Service. We are an operations-centric service fulfillment organization; we keep the lights on, we take the call when things go bump in the night, and we take pride in that responsibility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is an opportunity to obtain meaningful work experience through on-the-job training and work assignments. You will work under the supervision of operations staff on-site and gain an appreciation for operations and engineering processes and activities within the Cloud Operations discipline.
General duties include:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to enhance the customer experience
- Evaluate and automate operational elements of Cloud systems and platforms
- Report on system availability, uptime, and overall health of platforms by location
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or a related field
- Currently completing the first year in a Master’s Degree program at an accredited University
- 3.0 GPA or better in current program
- Basic working knowledge of UNIX-based systems and application programming (Python, Ruby, Bash, Ansible, etc)
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate in person, on the phone, and written in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Office environment
- No travel required