DSHS OOS Internship Program - Summer 2022
DSHS Internship Program - Summer 2022
Salary: $2999/per month
Multiple Location: Washington State
DSHS’s Office of the Secretary (OOS) Internship Program is open to all qualified college students to learn, grow, and start a meaningful, rewarding career!
Our paid summer 2022 Internship Program is designed for you to apply your classroom knowledge to a professional, on-the-job learning experience. Seeing the business side first-hand, you will explore career interests and develop and build a professional network of resources across DSHS business units. You will enjoy collaborating with a knowledgeable and professional team while working on exciting projects that encourage innovation in a fast-paced environment.
We are confident that the experience learned from your internship will fortify your knowledge to resolve and serve to the best of your abilities. Prior internships have included exposure to social work at behavioral health hospitals; data management, office administration, and research at Community Service Offices; program development for a variety of populations; IT support; internal and external marketing campaigns; accounting, and fiscal analysis.
We value creative ideas, diverse perspectives, inclusive environments, and offer a hybrid or remote work schedule depending on the business need. Join us for a 10-week paid summer internship. Your contribution to the team will help in Transforming Lives!
The DSHS Summer Program runs from June 1, 2022 - August 12, 2022; or June 13, 2022 - August 26, 2022.
We invite you to visualize doing meaningful work as part of our team and making a difference to the communities we serve in the state of Washington!
Who should apply?
Students with enrollment in good standing in a post-secondary college, university, or specialized technical or trade school with evidence of continued good standing for the upcoming academic year, and full-time availability during the summer
· Interest in and/or devotion to public service and helping others
· Ability and willingness to work in diverse and inclusive environments
· Ability to provide accurate and clear communications both written and verbally
· Strong organizational and collaboration skills with the ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical, and innovative thinking skills
· Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced team environment
· Good judgment, discretion, and ability to manage sensitive situations
· Networking/relationship building skills
· Willingness to learn new programs and engage with others
· Ability to work cross-functionally, as an enthusiastic, reliable, self-starter
DSHS will provide a stipend of up to $2999 per month
This Internship will include participation in a variety of administrative, planning, systems, fiscal, social service, or management-oriented projects and programs in a state agency. You will receive training in departmental procedures and will be assigned productive tasks and assignments that promote professional development in partnership with intern cohorts and DSHS employees.
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications for this opportunity and why you are interested in being an Intern at DSHS
- Documentation showing current enrollment in good standing at an accredited post-secondary college, university, or specialized technical or trade school
· A 300 – 500 word essay response to the following: The Department of Social and Health Services exists for the primary purpose of serving others. Please describe your interest in the diverse world of human services.
- Three references with current contact information, including one who is familiar with your abilities
To learn more about the internship opportunity & benefits at DSHS click here to view the InternFlyer
Note: Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.
If you have questions about job number #14476 completing the application or have any issues, before you submit your application, please contact Anu Rao, 360-972-6206 or firstname.lastname@example.org