Analyst, Technology Investments
Analyst, Technology Investments - Riverside Acceleration Capital
We’re looking for an Analyst to join our software investment team in New York City. We’ve grown quickly since forming in 2015 and are creating a two-year program for recent college graduates, designed to incubate future leaders in business and finance. You’ll be provided unique exposure to professional investing, extensive on-the-job training, and an opportunity to hone your skills through hands-on experience.
Who You Are
We believe diversity is an essential ingredient in building something great, and are seeking those who are naturally curious and openly share their perspectives.
We’d like to see:
- Recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Prior experience (clubs, internships, etc.) in an analytical area (e.g., finance, economics, academic research, engineering, etc.)
- Strong interest in how technology is impacting industries
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience with accounting or financial modelling
We evaluate hundreds of software companies each year, and as our Analyst, you’ll be working closely with our investment team to understand the health of these companies. This includes being mentored by our senior leadership, including the managing partner. By the end of...
Your first month, you’ll have:
- Sat in on frequent diligence meetings with prospective investments.
- Learned the fundamentals of financial modeling.
- Familiarized yourself with our existing diligence framework.
Your first quarter, you’ll have:
- Analyzed the financials and KPIs of prospective investments.
- Prepared market comparables analyses, equity waterfalls, and other ad-hoc analyses to support our investment process.
- Built robust financial models to support our investment theses.
- Created financial exhibits to support our investment cases in our investment committee presentations
Your first year, you’ll have:
- Led calls with investment prospects to discuss financial diligence items.
- Developed a critical viewpoint on underlying financial trends and potential areas of concern.
- Participated in writing our investment committee presentations.
At the end of your two years with us, you will have been provided with the skills, knowledge, and network to succeed in graduate school or almost any career you choose.
You’d be joining Riverside Acceleration Capital, a strategy that makes growth capital investments into enterprise software companies, across a wide range of end-markets. As part of The Riverside Company, a global investment platform, we pride ourselves on providing deep operational expertise to the companies we partner with, supporting them across all stages of growth, both strategically and financially. Our investments are tailored to meet the needs of each company, and we use multiple forms of capital to accomplish that: we currently make $1-5 million investments through a non-dilutive royalty structure, or $5-20 million investments through a traditional growth equity structure, depending on where a company is in their growth trajectory.
Our team of 11 is primarily based out of Riverside’s NYC co-headquarters, where we work closely with the broader platform: The Riverside Company was started in 1988 and has grown into a global investment firm with $14+ billion in AUM distributed across nine investment strategies, and 300 team members across 11 countries.
To learn more about Riverside Acceleration Capital: https://riverside.ac; and The Riverside Company: https://riversidecompany.com