Assist in the research, design, development, and optimization of proprietary in-house trading models.
Quantitative model construction and maintenance; responsible for a large range of quantitative models and modeling resources, including legacy model evolution, new model development, and analysis of economic and financial data.
Design, conduct, and administer studies of long-range trends significant to the securities markets.
Organize and conduct data collection.
Summarize work in formal and informal presentations.
- Advanced quantitative skills are required.
- Proficiency in statistical software (R, MATLAB or Mathematica). Other computer languages are acceptable.
- Knowledge of Databases (MySQL, SQL, etc.).
- Experience with data integrity, regression, performance testing.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to independently move projects through from inception to completion.
- Basic understanding of financial markets preferred but not required.
- Ability to explain complex topics orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled) in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- 0 - 2 years of experience.