Data Solutions Associate
BBR Partners is searching for an Associate to join our Data Solutions team. The right candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mind-set who enjoys working in a small-firm team environment, is adaptable, and able to multi-task and perform multiple roles when necessary.
- Work with Portfolio Management, Research, and Trading teams to build data screens and forward-looking portfolio decision tools to inform and execute firmwide investment management decisions.
- Manage collection, input, and reporting of fund and investment manager transparency/exposure data for Hedge Funds, Private Equity funds, Traditional Equity and Fixed Income managers from multiple sources.
- Generate portfolio review presentations for the firm’s clients. Manage reporting workflow.
- Participate in data clean-up and conversion on important firm-wide projects.
- Cross-train with Portfolio Management, Portfolio Accounting, Trading, and Reporting groups within Data Management and support them as required.
- Work constantly to help the team and firm improve upon and document processes and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in finance, mathematics, accounting, data analysis, operations, or related field.
- Excellent quantitative, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Required technical skills include MS Office and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Ideal technical skills include proficiency in data platforms such Alteryx and PowerBI and working knowledge of SQL.
- Ideal candidate will have had exposure to and/or demonstrated interest in investment management.
- High level of attention to detail. Seeks to learn from mistakes and is willing to put in the effort necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to work with a fair degree of autonomy and demonstrate tremendous initiative and sense of personal accountability.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates unquestioned ethics and credibility. Strives to exemplify the highest ethical standards.