Environmental Services Analyst
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), and ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all the people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. FCS has an office culture of caring about the environment as well as about our coworkers. Come join an amazing team!
FCS is looking for an Environmental Services Analyst who will assist the team with performing analyses, research and documentation support for Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) on a variety of subject areas including air quality and noise, land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, cultural resources, etc. and provide general administrative support in environmental document preparation. Candidate must have at least one (1) year of experience and/or education in California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) technical writing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Project Managers with appropriate research information in order to respond to project documentation requirements
- Ensure requirements of CEQA and/or NEPA are met by completing analysis and documentation within specific guidelines
- Gain practical knowledge of the environmental consulting industry
- Provide assistance to Project Managers in the preparation, organization and production of EIRs
- Incorporate sub-consultant reports and personal research and knowledge into appropriate sections of environmental documents
- Communicate with various jurisdictions, agencies and sub-consultants to collect and verify information
- Conduct field studies and land use surveys
- Strong research and technical writing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated facility with written and verbal business English, spelling, grammar and vocabulary
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle assignments, as well as confidential information with professionalism, tact and discretion
- Ability to receive direction and ask informed questions
- Positive attitude and teamwork skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography or a related field or to be completed by 2023
- At least 1 year in the Environmental Services/Planning field (or equivalent education)
- Solid understanding of the principles and practices of the environmental consulting industry, including CEQA and/or NEPA and their processing requirements
- Technical competence and understanding of one or more environmental specialties, such as air, noise, land use, socio-economics, earth resources, hydrology, etc.
FCS offers competitive salaries and great benefits with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!
Diversity and respect are fundamental
Fundamental to our teams. Fundamental to our clients. Fundamental to the communities we serve and live in. Fundamental to the landscapes we work within. We need you and your unique talents, history, and background to become the Company we aspire to be. We insist upon a culture of common respect, expect transparency, and celebrate the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Our mutual equality as humans is the path to diverse and innovative collaboration. We cultivate integrity, driving us to growth, and allowing us to achieve more together than we could ever hope to as individuals.