Assistant Director - Facility & Event Operations (Athletics)
Assistant Director – Facility & Event Operations, in coordination with the Associate Athletic Director and Director, is responsible for scheduling, supervision, and administration of assigned athletic facilities and athletic events as well as coordinating and overseeing maintenance needs and day-to-day facility operations for assigned athletic facilities. This position will perform a variety of tasks and functions to carry out the day-to-day activities of the Facility & Event Operations unit for all athletic programs and facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years progressively responsible experience in intercollegiate athletics Facilities and Event Operations or related field
- Strong organization skills ability to meet deadlines and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate and work well with others
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner, in writing and verbally, with numerous constituencies
- Ability to be detail-oriented in a fast-paced high pressure environment
- Demonstrated working relationships with administrators, support staff, constituents, coaches and student-athletes
- Excellent administrative, organizational, time management, computer application, communication and personnel management skills
- Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as needed for position duties
- Master’s Degree in Sports Administration or related field
- Experience in athletic facility & event operations in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of NCAA and/or WCC guidelines related to game management
- Demonstrated experience working with students, coaches, and administrators in a broad range of situations
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.