Consumer Loan Modeler
Position Summary: The candidate will be joining the research team at Bayview Asset Management, which develops and implements statistical models for the valuation of consumer loans and securities backed by consumer loans. This role will develop, maintain, and assess statistical models including probability of default, prepayment, and loss given default models, which are used to project financial cash flows.
Essential Duties & responsibilities:
- Analyze the performance of consumer financial products (e.g. auto lending, credit cards, personal loans, student loans)
- Develop insight into borrower, servicer and lender behavior to identify trends and outliers
- Build predictive models using SAS, Python, or R to forecast future behavior
- Assess the effectiveness of a given model over time or when applied to new populations
- Perform ad-hoc quantitative analysis on various pools of loans
- Strong quantitative skills;
- A passion for modeling. As the work involves modeling financial products, the candidate should have an interest in the economics/finance associated with loan performance.
- Prior experience with consumer lending is a plus, but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Experience using Regression analysis and time series analysis to build forecasting models
- Strong faculty with Python, R, and/or SAS
- Candidates typically possess an undergraduate degree in a hard science, math, computer science, engineering or finance. Master’s degree a plus.
- Prior experience with consumer finance (e.g. auto lending, credit cards, personal loans, student loans) is a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database structures