Marketing Science - Data scientist intern (Masters/PhD)
Who you are:
You are a student (undergrad or graduate) who loves applying your analytical skills to real-world business problems. You are a self-starter, fast learner and team player with experience working cross-functionally with internal partners. You love breaking down problems, building solutions, delivering actionable and data-driven insights, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You enjoy working with data even those outside of your domain of expertise.
Who we are:
At Indeed, our mission is “We Help People Get Jobs” and as the world’s #1 job site, we receive 200 million job seeker visits each month. Even with all this traffic, we are still trying to reach more jobseekers and more employers. Our team is in charge of growing our traffic via paid channels. At our current scale, traditional online marketing is not enough. We have to approach marketing from a technical perspective in order to keep up with the scale. From scratch, we built our own search engine bidding algorithm. We prefer to build our own tools rather than using external software or systems. We build customized dashboard so we can easily see how we are doing relative to our goal and other constraints. We are a unique team where engineering, data science, and marketing converge.
As a Data Science Intern, you are responsible for using internal and external data to uncover unique insights (about both consumers and businesses) that can inform decision making and enable business marketing and sales. You will work closely with research, marketing, sales, and other data science teams to scope, design, and execute data science projects, and to tell compelling stories from your analyses.
What you will do everyday:
- Design, analyze, and interpret insights end-to-end on a project from data requirement gathering to data processing, modeling, and impactful business recommendations
- Design, execute, and interpret results of experiments (e.g., A/B testing)
- Perform ad hoc statistical analyses and present results clearly
- Build dashboards, data visualizations, and tools for marketing
- Write scripts to automate data processing and other recurring tasks
What does it take to do this job:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program focused in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics,Economics or other related quantitative fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply quantitative analysis techniques to real-world business problems
- Proficiency in SQL relational databases or noSQL databases
- Proficiency in Python (or R/Julia/Java)
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Familiarity with toolkits such as numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and algorithms (k-NN, SVM, DT, etc.)