UX Researcher, New University Graduate
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
We are a diverse and dynamic research organization, responsible for applying research insights to influence design, product, and strategic business decisions. We’re passionate about crafting an outstanding research organization at Workday, known for delivering high quality, timely insights that enable Workday to deliver solutions that help thousands of employees around the world.
About the Role
As a UX Researcher you will work closely with your design and product partners to ensure that user insights are used throughout the design process. You will be responsible for running usability tests and conducting related user research studies to ensure our solutions are easy to use.
We are looking for researchers who have a good working knowledge of several research methodologies including usability testing, card sorting, in depth interviewing, and more. Our ideal candidate should have experience using one or more core UX research methodology with the ability to complete all aspects of individual studies with little or no supervision. A growth mindset is critical to success.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify key research questions and objectives for a single product area.
- Design and complete research studies using appropriate research methods for the project, timelines, and business needs.
- Analyze data and findings and create reports to share insights that influence design and product development improvements.
- Socialize, collaborate, and present research work and findings to design and product partners.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology, human-computer interaction (or other related field).
- Foundational understanding of a variety of research methods.
- Applied experience with at least one research method.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent oral, and written, communication skills.
- Self-motivated, and able to creatively solve and present good solutions to problems.
Generation Workday Program:
Start your future today with Generation Workday. Our 12-month personal and professional development program for emerging professionals is designed to support, engage, and prepare you for career success. Generation Workday launches your career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, actively enables your professional development, and immerses you in Workday’s culture from day one.
Workday is proud of its diverse workforce but does not sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visas that will require sponsorship now or in the future for these positions.
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.