Summer Teacher Assistant for LEGO robot and 3D printing classes in Columbus, OH
This position is focused on teaching programming and mechanical design with robots to students at in-person LEGO Robot and 3D printing in-person classes and online. This position is in Columbus, Ohio area. We are looking for full-time and part-time help this summer. Please include your email on the cover letter or email firstname.lastname@example.org or message me so we can set up a chat.
Compensation $20 per hour.
Job Description: Teacher Assistant (aka Robot Genius)
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Technical Instructor/Tutor of Students (online and in-person camps): Help students to program and build with LEGO. Find students who are ‘stuck’ on a camp activity and help them to get back on track.
- Classroom Mentor (online and in-person camps): While the majority of actual robotics-related instruction is provided by the Master Robot Genius and through video lecture, Robot Geniuses are expected to understand the material and to explain it to students who may not have understood the presentation
- Robot Academy Role Model: Robot Genius is a role model for the students who want to pursue a major that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
• Ability to demonstrate/explain ideas to students
• Skills Developed During Internship (but not required for hiring):
- Scratch programming language
- Legos and Lego robots
- Arduino boards.
- 3D Modeling/3D Printing
How to Apply: email email@example.com or apply or message me with your email
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Masks and COVID Vaccinations are not required.